Last updated 18th October 2021
The safety of our customers, colleagues, supplier partners and all event attendees are our priority when planning Jewson Live 2021. We are working closely with our event partners and the venue to ensure the event is not only a successful but a safe one.
Managing Coronavirus at the Venue:
The NEC are now enforcing COVID checks on all visitors to the venue, so you will need to provide proof of COVID-19 status for entry to the event. This will need to be one of the following:
- NHS COVID Pass via the NHS App (NB This is different to the NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace app). It is advised individuals download the app and apply for a Domestic Pass of their proof of COVID vaccinations no later than 48 hours before attending their event to allow for the application to be processed in time.
- Proof of immunity shown by a positive PCR test result for COVID-19. These are valid for 180 days from the date of the positive test and following completion of the self-isolation period (currently recommended at 10 days)
- Lateral flow or PCR negative test results text or e-mail received within 72 hours prior to attending the event. However, we would encourage visitors to complete their test within 48 hours prior to the event.
If visitors would prefer not to use the app or do not have a smartphone, they can obtain a NHS COVID Pass letter (proving vaccination status only) by calling 119 or visiting the NHS website.
EU Digital or paper COVID Certificate. International visitors can show their equivalent COVID Pass from their country of origin.
Children under 18 do not have to demonstrate their COVID-19 status for entry to domestic events or venues in England.
Visitors with a medical exemption should advise a member of staff during the checking process.
Please be aware that if you turn up with no proof of your COVID-19 Status the NEC will charge you £12.00 for a lateral flow test onsite.
COVID PASS QUICK TIP
When you have your proof ready, we find it helps to download or screenshot a copy of your proof and save it to your photos, email, or phone wallet. You could also print out a hard copy if you prefer.
Having this makes things much easier when you arrive and avoids any mishaps you may encounter with accessing the app or dealing with those pesky low signal moments.
Plus, it’ll make checking and accessing the venue much quicker, too.
If you need help using the NHS App to gain your COVID Pass, watch this helpful quick video
- To ensure venue compliance with all Covid guidelines and issue and approve risk assessments
- Communicate clearly and accurately with attendees for a safe and successful event
- Provide up-to-date guidance and regulations regarding Covid-19. These will be added to the FAQs section of the Jewson Live Website as well as emails
- Please keep an eye on these for further information
How we are prioritising your Health & Safety:
- All areas (including event spaces and public areas) will be thoroughly cleaned in line with the venue’s enhanced cleaning protocols and sanitised prior to arrival and throughout the event
- Hand sanitising stations will be provided throughout the venue
- The Jewson event staff have been fully vaccinated
- Supporting those who wish to still socially distance
What visitors attending the event can do:
- Please do not attend if you have tested positive, are displaying any symptoms or live with anyone who has recently tested positive.
- Masks are not compulsory in line with the latest Government Guidance, however, if you feel more comfortable wearing a mask whilst moving around the venue that is at your discretion.
- Please scan your NHS Track & Trace app at the venue entrances
If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to contact the Events Team.